Monday, March 14, 2005
Amidst all the insults hurled across the floor, i would like to take some serious time to recount a true story that occured just a while ago.
After a gruelling session of soccer, i took a cab home and after alighting, i felt severe cramps in both my thighs and i could barely move. I dropped my bag, desperately clinging on the something and wishing that a passer-by would come to my aid. I stood still for about 5 minutes, with the pain almost unbearable now. I almost started to give up hope, when suddenly a middle-aged man offered to help me to take a seat at the bus-stop. He helped to relieve the pain from my thighs and told me to relax to reduce the tension in my muscles. After resting for roughly 15 minutes, i finally had the ability to make it up the flight of stairs leading to my block. Just a chance encounter surely, but i am extremely thankful for this man's help.
I realised that:
1. In our seemingly cold society, there are kind souls who are willing to lend a helping hand, even if you are a complete stranger to them.
2. Some people are willing to go to all ends to help(he was on his way to work).
3. Kindness needs no mention(he did not even tell me his name).
4. The flight of stairs that never challenged me before proved to be difficult to climb - tasks that appear easy to us may be insurmountable to others.
5. Pain is temporary, kindness lasts forever.
Just a little reflection lah..
Your I and E rep,